Core Capability: Prevent Copy and Paste
Prevent Copy and Paste Overview
For apps used in more regulated industries, it may be important for IT to prevent applications from openly sharing data with each other.
Copy / Paste restrictions can prevent data in a corporate app from being easily transferred to unmanaged or personal applications to protect against data leakage
AppConfig.org Implementation Summary
For Android apps, the recommended approach is to follow AppConfig.org community best practices and utilize an Android for Work restriction profile in order to restrict copy / paste only to managed apps.
- Configure an Android for Work restriction profile to restrict copy and paste to only occur within managed applications.
- Requires enrollment into MDM.
- Requires no coding.
- Requires Android 5.0+ with Android for Work device.
- On iOS, the AppConfig Community documents sample code that can be used to enable this capability in the app.
Airwatch SDK Implementation Summary
The recommended approach for iOS apps is to integrate the AirWatch SDK.
- Integrate the AirWatch SDK into your application and configure a SDK profile with a copy / paste DLP restriction and assign it to your application.
- Ensure any custom application copy / paste logic is done through native interfaces (UIPasteboard).
- Requires coding and device entry in AirWatch system, no MDM require.
App Wrapping Implementation Summary
An alternative approach for both Android and iOS is to use App Wrapping.
- Requires neither coding nor MDM, only device entry in AirWatch system.
- Develop and compile your application, then verify that the app is only using an approved MADP platform and coding techniques.
- Run the compiled binary through the AirWatch App Wrapping engine.
- Assign a wrapping profile to your application with a copy / paste DLP restriction.