VMware Cloud Provider™ Hub
Initial Release — This is the first release of the new VMware Cloud Services CLI.
The VMware Cloud Services CLI is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface
- Create and Manage Cloud Assembly discovered and created objects such as network devices, storage devices, compute instances and more.
- Create, Manage and Deploy Cloud Assembly blueprints, including pre-stage plans and version management.
- Create and Manage Cloud Assembly constructs like cloud zones, image and flavor profiles.
- Create and Manage cross-service constructs like Project and Cloud Accounts.
- Manage Deployment objects
- Execute Code Stream pipelines
- Import and Export Code Stream Pipelines and Cloud Assembly Blueprints
- Manage CLI Telemetry settings
To run the VMware Cloud Services CLI, download the ZIP file and extract the vcs binary appropriate for your operating system
- To use Darwin/Linux binaries with auto completion feature, please make sure to have bash completion installed on your system.
- Windows completion:
- When exiting the shell, Ctrl-D is the only way to exit the auto completion prompt in Windows. Use these keys to exit as needed.
- For an optimal user experience, use PowerShell. If using any other terminal, change the background to a color such as Dark Blue, Gray, or Black, to make it more compatible with the auto-completion color.
- CLI does not accept spaces in string values
- When you are using the CLI in interactive mode on Windows, string flag values with spaces are not accepted.
- Workaround: In place of spaces, use a double-underscore notation.. For example, to describe a blueprint with name
Single Machineuse the following command with flag values as shown:
vcs cloud-assembly blueprint describe --blueprint "Single__Machine" OR
vcs cloud-assembly blueprint describe --blueprint 'Single__Machine' OR
vcs cloud-assembly blueprint describe --blueprint Single__Machine