vRealize Automation SDK
The vRealize Automation API provides a RESTful interface for integrating with vRealize Automation from an external application such as a self-service portal or continuous integration tools.
The Java SDK provides native Java bindings for the convenience of developers writing vRealize Automation integrations from Java applications. The SDK provides full coverage of the REST API.
Features and Benefits
- Submit catalog requests
- View and manage provisioned resources
- Complete inbox tasks such as approvals
- Integration with SSO with bearer token-based authentication
- Support for role-based access and entitlements
- Equivalent behavior to operations performed in the vRealize Automation UI, including approvals, placement policies, life-cycle callout integrations, and so on
Refer to the vRealize Automation Programming Guide for information about working with the REST API and Java SDK, as well as scenario-based documentation for the following common use cases:
- Browse the catalog and request a machine
- Approve a machine request
- View your provisioned resources
- Perform Day 2 operations
- Create a tenant and manage identity stores
- Manage reservations
The REST API Reference provides detailed information about the supported API methods.
Documentation and Reference
Top Community Sample Code
|vRealize Automation API Samples for Postman||nsb24||POSTMAN Collection|
|VMware vRealize Automation Plugin||kr1s||Java|
|vRealize Automation - Catalog Service||VMware||POSTMAN Collection|
|vRealize Automation - Composition Service||VMware||POSTMAN Collection|