vRealize CloudClient 3.5.0
vRealize CloudClient is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface across vRealize Automation APIs.
Use Case Highlights
- Browse the catalog and submit a request
- Approve a catalog request
- Manage provisioned machines
- Create tenants and groups
- Configure IaaS, including endpoints, data collection, and reservations
- Manage catalog services and entitlements
- Import and export blueprints and other content to human-readable format
- Submit authenticated vRealize Automation API calls from the command line
- Automate updates to VM reservations following SRM failover
- Execute vRealize Orchestrator workflows
Features and Benefits
- Standardized command-line interface that remains stable as underlying APIs evolve
- Auto login for scripting (password and keyfiles)
- JSON, CSV, and tabular formatting
- File export
- Sample scripts to demonstrate common scenarios
- Plugin model enables extensibility to additional use cases
What's New in 3.5
vRealize CloudClient 3.5 introduces the following enhancements:
- CloudClient documentation provides comprehensive information about valid values for command parameters.
- Usability improvements.
- Submitting a resource action on a provisioned item now returns a request ID so that you can track the progress of the submitted action.
- Request parameters, such as Cpu and MemoryMb, are now case-insensitive.
- CloudClient returns
No data foundrather than an error when a list has zero results.
For additional details, refer to the release notes.
For information about CloudClient compatibility with VMware products, refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix.