Welcome to VMware vRealize Operations Package (part of the SDDC Integration Program)
The VMware vRealize Operations Package enables our partners to develop vRealize Operations Management Packs using vRealize Operations APIs and SDK. vRealize Operations provides the operations dashboards, performance analytics and capacity optimization capabilities needed to gain comprehensive visibility, proactively ensure service levels, and manage capacity in dynamic virtual and cloud environments.
vRealize Operations Management Packs extends vRealize Operations Manager capabilities to adjacent technology domain such as storage, network, compute, or application. This package is part of the SDDC Integration Program. vRealize Operations Management Packs include as a minimum the following components:
- Adapter – one of more Java files implementing vRealize Operations Management APIs and providing the data pipe for time series data in events.
- Pre-built dashboards – set of user interface definition files that we built by configuring vRealize Operations Management widgets around the domain specific information
- Domain specific knowledge – set of use cases data and events that are identified by VMware and the partner as the key information that can help customers optimize their operations environment.
- EULA – Partner provided usage agreement
- Self installing package - used by customers to apply the solutions component to their vRealize Operations installation.
- Solutions documentation – Partner provided solutions description and user guide.
Note: This package does entail a vetting process. Based on the process, partner solutions may or may not qualify for this certification and listing.
Package access provides the tools and resources needed during development, certification and release.
- Development Consulting
Partners can purchase development consulting. Partners can then submit requests for development assistance via a private development project on Developer Center Partner Network (DCPN), a web-based, secure collaboration tool used by the VMware Ecosystem Engineering team.
- Private design workshop
Available to all partners after joining the program.
- Access to the Development Kits, including:
- Training videos
- Sample code
Partners receive access to the gated, private vRealize Operations SDKs.
The program includes access to the program's Certification Kit, which allows partners to test the reliability and stability of the integration. VMware verifies the test results and provides support for the partner during the certification process. A digital signature is attached to all certified management packs to insure that customers only install certified management packs.
- VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) posting
Upon successful certification, the partner works with Ecosystem Services to update the VMware Compatibility Guide entry on vmware.com. Once the partner's products are certified under the terms of the package, the partner may use the VMware Ready™ logo in product collateral.
- Pre-Release Communication and Support
Ongoing communications pertaining to select updated products and/or development kits and milestones.
This package governed by the following requirements:
- Valid TAP membership to be maintained
- Membership in the SDDC Integration Program is required to be eligible to access this package.
- Partner Solution vetting for use case and business case (approval required).
- VMware legal agreement signature(s)
- Adherence to product support requirements as documented in the program guide
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal
VMware Ready Status: Eligible
VMware Ready Category: Management & Orchestration