vRealize CloudClient 4.1
vRealize CloudClient is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface across vRealize Automation APIs.
Use Case Highlights
- Browse the catalog and submit a request
- Approve a catalog request
- Manage provisioned machines
- Create tenants and groups
- Configure IaaS, including endpoints, data collection, and reservations
- Manage catalog services and entitlements
- Import and export blueprints and other content to human-readable format
- Submit authenticated vRealize Automation API calls from the command line
- Automate updates to VM reservations following SRM failover
- Execute vRealize Orchestrator workflows
Features and Benefits
- Standardized command-line interface that remains stable as underlying APIs evolve
- Auto login for scripting (password and keyfiles)
- JSON, CSV, and tabular formatting
- File export
- Sample scripts to demonstrate common scenarios
- Plugin model enables extensibility to additional use cases
What's New in 4.1
vRealize CloudClient 4.1 introduces the following enhancements:
- The vra catalog request submit command supports the --leasedays option.
- Machine provisioning and reconfigure requests validate that specified memory MB values are divisible by 4.
- CloudClient supports Delete Snapshot and Revert Snapshot operations.
- CloudClient documentation provides comprehensive information about valid values for command parameters.
- CloudClient handles session expiration gracefully. vRealize Automation sessions expire on the server side rather than on the CloudClient side. If you launch CloudClient after a session expires, CloudClient automatically attempts to log in using the credentials found in CloudClient.properties or environment variables.
- Log in procedure requires CloudClient to accept the vRealize Automation appliance and IaaS certificates. When you use CloudClient to log in to vRealize Automation for the first time, you are prompted to accept the relevant certificates.
For additional details, refer to the release notes.
What Was New in 4.0
vRealize CloudClient 4.0 introduced the following enhancements:
- Support for importing and exporting blueprints, software components, property groups, property definitions, and XaaS (formerly Advanced Service Designer) content
- Updates to CloudClient commands for compatibility with vRealize Automation 7.0
- Contextual auto-completion of command options
- New commands for making authenticated vRealize Automation API calls from the command line
- Support for removing a machine from management by vRealize Automation and removing inactive compute resources
- Support for Site Recovery Manager 6
For information about CloudClient compatibility with VMware products, refer to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix.