Subscription Based Services FAQ
1. Who is eligible for this service?
Partners who have enrolled in one or more of the supported technologies/programs can take advantage of this service.
2. When is this new service available?
The new service was launched on April 5th 2017 and is available for partners to sign up.
3. What is the significance of a “Subscription Based” service?
Partners no longer are required to sign a new SOW each time their current SOW expires. The service is renewable every year without the need to sign a new SOW. As long as the partner pays the fee for the next year, there are no new agreements to sign.
4. How do I transition to the Subscription Based service?
Partners who have a current developer consulting SOW can transition when their current SOW is used up or expires.
5. How do I know when the current SOW expires or has been used up?
Please send email to Partner Services.
6. What happens to developer consulting SOWs which have not expired? Do they expire automatically because of the new service?
Current SOWs will be honored and partners will continue to receive services under their current SOWs until the SOW expires or the hours are used up.
7. Is there a list of public SDKs which are supported in this service?
Currently the only public SDK for which support is included in this service is the Web Client Plug In SDK.
8. Are there other support services which offer support for the rest of the programs included in the onboarding form? For eg: CPA, NFV, vSGA
No. For some of these programs Development Support is not relevant and for the others, partners have not expressed interest.
9. Can I continue to get hourly developer support and not switch to the subscription based services?
No. Hourly based developer support has been discontinued.
10. If we do not have access to a technology/program or the agreement for access to a technology/program has expired , can a partner still take advantage of the service?
Yes, the service will be available to partners, but will be limited to technologies or programs for which there is a current agreement in place.
11. Is the service renewable?
This new service is renewable every year as soon as the previous one expires or is about to expire. The service expires at the anniversary of the effective date of the agreement.
12. What are the steps to renew the service?
There are no agreements to sign. Partners just have to pay the appropriate fee for the service level they require.
13. Do any of the entitlements get rolled over to the new year if they are not used before the expiry date?
No, none of the entitlements get rolled over. All the entitlements expire on the day the term of the service agreement expires.
14. Does the agreement for the new service have to be amended if the partner signs up for new programs/technologies?
No. If the partner has signed up for the new service, the SOW automatically covers all the technologies/programs which are supported.
15. Does the agreement for the new service have to be amended if the partner wishes to move up from Incident Pack to Development Support or to Premium Support or the other way round?
No, as long as the partner has signed up for the new service, they can move to another level by paying the appropriate fee for that level.
16. Where is the program fee mentioned?
The program fee is mentioned in the Subscription Based Services Program Guide.
17. What agreements are required?
A Subscription Based SOW will have to be signed by all partners. In addition, some partners may have to sign an amendment to their PEPA.
18. What payment methods are accepted?
Purchase Orders are the only form of payment we accept at this time. Other forms of paymet are planned to be offered at a later date.
19. What happens if my TAP agreement expires?
Your program/technology access and support services will be blocked until such time that the TAP agreement is in place.
20. What happens if I decide to cancel prior to the renewal date? Will VMware provide a refund?
No, VMware will not refund any fee (pro-rated or otherwise) which have already been collected.
21. Do I need to sign additional agreements to buy additional Incident Packs?
No additional agreements are required. As long as a Services Based SOW is active, you can buy additional Incident Packs by paying the appropriate fee.
22. Are the renewal dates for the new service and the program renewal dates synchronized?
No, each has its own renewal date.
23. What happens when my entitlements are used up?
You will not be able to submit any additional cases/incidents in DCPN, but you will continue to have read only access to all of your project artifacts.
24. Are there any changes in DCPN?
Yes. DCPN is being modified to align with the new services and partners will be able to see the changes as and when they are rolled out. Partners will be able to see how many cases/incidents they have submitted and what entitlement are available to them at any point of time. DCPN will also have the ability to show what level of support a partner has paid for and is subscribed to.
25. What are the DCPN projects that will be used for filing a developer support question/incident?
"_TR" projects will be used for submitting developer support cases/incidents. If you are enrolled for Premium Support, you will also see a “premium_ER” project to submit cases to the Partner Manager.
26. Will I still have access to all of my old cases/incidents?
Partners will continue to have access to all the old cases/incidents they have submitted.
27. Who will have access to the newly created TR projects?
When a new _TR project is created only the partner admin will have access. The partner admin can then add partner users as appropriate. The partner admin can also add additional partner admins, it is recommended to have at least two partner admins per project.
28. What are the technologies/packages/programs supported in this service?
The Subscription Based Services Program Guide lists all the technologies/packages/programs supported in this service.
29. I have more questions. Who do I contact?
Contact us at Partner Services or contact your Program Manager.