UAG Automation and Day 2 Operations
This script solution has been put together to provide a proof of concept and basis for automating UAG operations for Horizon deployments such as deploy and select day 2 operations. Thus far the fatures of this script are for use with UAG 3.9.1+ and may depend on the feature being used specifically so please read the notes in the PS1 file.
The script is controlled by a 'master-uag-list.csv' file and provides the following features:
- Deploy UAG appliances (Single or Per Horizon Pod)
- Delete UAG appliances (Single or Per Horizon Pod)
- Modify CSV credentials (vCenter, Root, Admin, role_monitoring) and keeps them in the CSV in encrypted form (All UAGs in CSV)
- Uses a key per credential type
- Creates a backup of CSV when each credential type is modified
- Day 2 Operations
- Update Root passwords on running UAG's (Per Horizon Pod)
- Update Admin passwords on running UAG's (Per Horizon Pod)
- Update role_monitoring passwords on running UAG's (Per Horizon Pod)
- Update Quiesce mode on UAG's (Per Horizon Pod)
- Update Certificates on UAG's (Per Horizon Pod)
- Uses PowerShell transcript system to create a log file
- Each UAG row entry in CSV can be skipped by setting 'Skipped' column to 1 or 0 to not skip it when operations are performed from the CSV to help provide more granular controls
The controlling of the script thru a CSV is to help mitigate the risk of erronously deleting UAG appliances in production and thus UAG's that can be automated or perform day 2 operations have to be configurted with a row per UAG in the CSV.
See notes in PowerShell script for specific feature details and miscellaneous information.