A workflow that supports multiple notification methods
An upgrade, from the Slack notification action. The idea here, is to have one action, that support notifications in as many different platforms, as possible.
Currently it's working for the following platforms.
- Ms Teams
Currently it's working, by manualily defining whick kind of notification you want. on my todo list is
- Input from blueprint, to chose notification method
- Error handling
Let me know if more are needed, and if you are able to help.
Required inputs (for the message type you want to use).
- Create bot (type /newbot @BotFather) and save token.
- Create group
- Add bot to group as admin.
- Get group id (https://api.telegram.org/bot/getUpdates) and save it. More info can be found here : https://core.telegram.org/api
Email have been tested with AWS Simple Email service, but should work with all smtp servers. Guide on how to setup will come later.
Add an incoming webhook to a Teams channel:
- Navigate to the channel where you want to add the webhook and select (?????????) More Options from the top navigation bar.
- Choose Connectors from the drop-down menu and search for Incoming Webhook.
- Select the Configure button, provide a name, and, optionally, upload an image avatar for your webhook.
- The dialog window will present a unique URL that will map to the channel. Make sure that you copy and save the URL???you will need to provide it to the outside service.
- Select the Done button. The webhook will be available in the team channel.
- Create Slack webhook. link etc will come later.