Simple local client vmwareclient Pyvmwareclient for Mac Linux Windows
The are compile versions at: https://github.com/wbugbofh/pyvmwareclient
Simple visual python client for user with esxi and Vcenter 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 to administrater, connect, power, an snapshot with virtual machines. Work in Windows Mac y Linux.
Download the code, install the 'requirements.txt' and then you use:"python3.5 app.py" to work with the ultimate version.
$ pip install -r requirements.txt $ python app.py
Similar the old client vmwareclient, vmware client that connect to esxi or vcenterVMware 5.0, 5.5 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 , uses the python APIs.
Works in linux using putty (yes, there is the putty in linux) and the Remminia to connect with RDP. And work in Windows, the putty is necesary to add the path and work MacOs too.
What programs do yo need in your commputer path?
|putty||putty||shell (on system)|
|remminia||mstsc (on system)||mstsc (By Microsoft)|
|vmrc or vmplayer||vmrc or vmplayer||vmrc or vmplayer|
You need the path in your system to work the three client application ,Linux (Remminia, putty, vrmc or vmplayer) in Windows (putty, Terminal server client and vrmc or vmplayer) in Macos(Terminarl server Windows, and vrmc or vmplayer)
Note: The vmplayer it instaler with vmware-workstation, vmware does not allow simultaneos installation of vrmc and vmplayer)
Available Options for a VM:
- Snapshot make and display delete, delete all and Revert
- Connection ssh using putty to VM Unix/Linux
- Connection RDP using client Remminia(linux) or Windows RDP Client (Windows MacOS)
- Connection VRMC add to menu.
- Connection console wiht HTML Client
- Connection http y https VM with ip (if vmtools is instaled to locate ip VM)
- Power on and power off VM
- Reset hard y soft VM
- Reboot a VM
- Change or Add Notes
- Display tecnical Info about VM
- Display Info about host (when connection vcenter)
- Display Grafic about data host
- Display Grafic about data VM
- Save and Load the data VM in csv file format
- Show event an error in a VM
- Search with name or ip or mac table
Example of screenshots the are made with wx-windows
At start you must put your user and domain an name of esxi or vcenter, (The captured images may not present all the options, but they are not the last version of the program):
Then you can see the "LOAD" of datacente data:
The list of VM that are in your system:
And you can make a lot of commands in your VM (this image is not the ultimate menu options:
You can look the grafic about VM with this: