vSphere-vApp Cloner and Configuration updater
Utility Class to Clone vAPP from source host to destination host and update vApp configuration for StartupDelay, StopAction. Performs/illustrates the following operations,
- Clone the vAPP on to a destination host
- Update the setting of cloned vApp
- Set VM startup delay to 0 : allow vApp to powerOn VMs simultaneously
- Set VM StopAction to 'powerOff' : allow vApp to powerOff VMs
- Power on vApp
- Power off vApp
- Destroy vApp
2. How to run the Utility?
Run from Dev IDE
- Import files under the src/vappcloner/ folder into your IDE.
- Required libraries are embedded within Runnable-Jar/vAppCloneUpdater.jar, extract & import the libraries into the project.
- Run the utility from 'RunApp' program by providing arguments like:
--vsphereip 192.168.1.1 --username adminUser --password dummyPasswd --srcvapp SrcDummyvApp
Run from Pre-built Jars
- Copy/Download the vAppCloneUpdater.jar from Runnable-jar folder (from the uploaded file) and unzip on to local drive folder say c:\vAppCloner
- Open a command prompt and cd to the folder, lets say cd vAppCloner
- Run a command like shown below to see various usage commands:
C:\vAppCloner>java -jar vAppCloneUpdater.jar --help
3. Sample output
Logging into vSphere : 192.168.1.1, with provided credentials Succesfully logged into vSphere: 192.168.1.1 Succesfully logged into VC: 192.168.1.1 Search for specified vApp in inventory... Found vApp: SrcDummyvApp in inventory Found Source Host: ESXi1Host Retrieve Hosts list from inventory ... Found more than one host in inventory, choosing target host for vApp Clone vAPP Clone operation is about to start ... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Host : ESXi2Host ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Monitor vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host Clone task ... [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-Clone task] Task is still running [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-Clone task] Task Completed vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host creation suceeded Update vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host configuration - StartupDelay & StopAction... Successfully updated vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host with StartupDelay & StopAction configuration Poweron vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-PowerOn vApp] Task is still running [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-PowerOn vApp] Task Completed vAPP: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host has been poweredOn successfully Begin cleanup tasks ... Power off vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-PowerOff vApp] Task is still running [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-PowerOff vApp] Task Completed vAPP: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host has been poweredOff successfully Destory the vAPP [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-Destroy vApp] Task is still running [SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host-Destroy vApp] Task Completed vApp: SrcDummyvApp20170509-155141-476ESXi2Host destroyed successfully
Sign in to be able to add comments.