(This is a standalone program)
VMware Ready for vSAN program enables partners to certify their products/solutions with vSAN (On Premise), get the VMware Ready logo for vSAN and showcase the products on the VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) and VMware Solution Exchange (VSX). This program currently includes File Services and Data Protection products.
This program has now been extended to enable partners to certify their Data Protection products/solutions with VMware Cloud on AWS.
VMware Ready for vSAN Program (the “Program’) offers Partners a set of tools, resources, and processes needed to certify File Services or Data Protection products with VMware vSAN (On Premise) storage. The certification program enables partner solutions to be listed on the VMware VCG with the compatible VMware vSAN product.
Upon successful completion of the vSAN certification process and the execution of the applicable agreements with VMware, partners can market and leverage the VMware Ready™ logo for vSAN in their marketing and sales efforts for that particular certified partner product.
Note: Please do keep in mind that this program is not related to the VSAN ReadyNode™ VCG listings. This program has its own separate VCG called vSAN Partner Solutions located here https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=vsanps
This program has now been extended to enable partners to certify their Backup/Data Protection products/solutions with VMware Cloud on AWS.
Program access includes the tools and resources needed during the development and release phases.
- VMware’s Advanced Developer Portal
The Developer Portal is a web-based collaboration tool used by the VMware Ecosystem Services team and provides access to all the program materials.
- Access to the Certification Kits
Partners receive access to the File Services Certification Kit and the Data Protection Certification Kit for vSan (On Premise).
Partners will receive access to the Data Protection Certification Kit for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Certification guides
The File Services certification guide and Data Protection certification guide describe the certification procedures and test cases for certifying partner products with vSAN.
The (Data Protection) certification guide for Backup Solutions on VMware Cloud on AWS describes the certification procedures and test cases for certifying partner products with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) posting
Upon successful certification, the partner works with Ecosystem Services to update the VMware compatibility guide entry on vmware.com. Once the partner’s products are certified under the terms of the program, the partner may use the VMware Ready™ logo for vSAN in product collateral as per guidelines.
- Program Communication
Ongoing program communications pertaining to updated certification kits and associated milestones.
This program is governed by the following requirements:
- Maintain current TAP membership status for program participation and access
- Fully execute VMware program agreements
- Program participation requires a successful certification and posting of the partner product on the VMware Compatibility Guide on vmware.com
- Adherence to product support requirements as documented in the program guide
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal
- General support for vSAN and vSphere features is purchased separately.
- Partner must own overall support of the certified and listed partner product
- Maintain one VMware Certified Professional status for technical support within each region where the qualified product is sold and channel that support through vSAN knowledgeable support staff
- Provide cooperative support for the qualifying products through TSANet
- Ensure qualifying products successfully pass any testing requirements and submit a KB article
- Develop and maintain availability of a KB article, installation, configuration and troubleshooting guide or other similar documentation
- Partner must submit a partner questionnaire during onboarding process
- Annual subscription fee - $5000 (waived for the first year)
- Per certification fees are also applicable
Partner must meet the following additional requirements to participate in the VMware Cloud on AWS certifications:
- Partner must acquire a VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) instance independent of this program
- Partner is free to download the Publicly available VDDK Library and start on their enablement efforts prior to joining the program
- Partner must participate in the enablement phase which includes the following:
- Recommended solution architecture provided by partner, reviewed and approved by Ecosystem Services
- Technical Review and Approval by Ecosystem Services with regard to
- VMC Permissions and any required code changes
- Network connectivity (ENI) and firewall rules
- Partner testing and running the solution on VMC
- Partner has a video session to showcase the solution on the key use cases on VMC and demonstrate they have met all the requirements laid out in the Program Guide to obtain ES approval
- Partner’s customer facing Deployment and Setup documentation must include
- Clear listing of the product versions and component compatibility
- Recommended architecture
- Customer Requirements (Networking, firewalls, vCenter access, ENI access)
- Supported and unsupported use cases
- Known issues
- KB Article update for VMC support
- Partner must provide a training session for GSS/SRE which will be recorded and archived
- Partner is highly encouraged to complete integration with the Certification Suite APIs once they have completed the enablement phase
- Partner must maintain Current Certification to continue using the VMware Ready logo and to be listed on VMware Compatibility Guide. If Partner fails to maintain Current Certification for Partner Software, Partner must discontinue all use the VMware Ready logo, except with respect to previously certified Partner Software. For clarity, “Current Certification” means that Partner product(s) has met the then-current certification requirements specified in this Program Guide for every generally available release of the VMware Product(s).
Product Versions Supported
This program supports the following product versions:
|VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC||1.x|
The program is open to all product vendors who have the following:
File Services products that work with vSAN.
Data Protection products that work with vSAN.
Data Protection (Backup) products that work with VMware Cloud on AWS
Partner Roles and Responsibilities
Partners who participate in the program provide the following team members:
A partner program manager that acts as the primary point of contact on behalf of their team, and who acts as the lead for planning and issue prioritization with VMware.
A partner technical support contact that manages the support relationship with VMware, owns and serves as a single point of contact for all support-related activities, including escalations and management of the TSANet membership, and ensures overall support readiness and training of the partner's support organization.
Related Programs and Services
VMware Ready Status
VMware Ready Category
VMware Ready for vSAN https://www.vmware.com/partners/tech-alliance/vmware-ready.html
The certified products get listed on this VCG https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=vsanps