At a glance
VMware Ready for vSAN program enables partners to certify their products/solutions with vSAN, get the VMware Ready logo for vSAN and showcase the products on the VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) and VMware Solution Exchange (VSX). This program currently includes File Services and Data Protection products.
VMware Ready for vSAN Program (the “Program’) offers Partners a set of tools, resources, and processes needed to certify File Services or Data Protection products with VMware vSAN storage. The certification program enables partner solutions to be listed on the VMware VCG with the compatible VMware vSAN product.
Upon successful completion of the vSAN certification process and the execution of the applicable agreements with VMware, partners can market and leverage the VMware Ready™ logo for vSAN in their marketing and sales efforts for that particular certified partner product.
Note: Please do keep in mind that this program is not related to the VSAN ReadyNode™ VCG listings. For the VSAN ReadyNode™ VCG listings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Program access includes the tools and resources needed during the development and release phases.
- VMware’s Advanced Developer Center Portal
The Developer Portal is a web-based collaboration tool used by the VMware Ecosystem Services team and provides access to all the program materials.
- Access to the Certification Kits
Partners receive access to the File Services Certification Kit and the Data Protection Certification Kit.
- Certification guides
The File Services certification guide and Data Protection certification guides describe the certification procedures and test cases for certifying partner products with vSAN.
- VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) posting
Upon successful certification, the partner works with Ecosystem Services to update the VMware compatibility guide entry on vmware.com. Once the partner’s products are certified under the terms of the program, the partner may use the VMware Ready™ logo for vSAN in product collateral as per guidelines.
- Program Communication
Ongoing program communications pertaining to updated certification kits and associated milestones.
This program is governed by the following requirements:
- TAP Elite or Global status
- VMware program agreement signature
- Successful certification and posting of the partner product on the VMware Compatibility Guide on vmware.com
- Adherence to product support requirements as documented in the program guide
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal
- General support for vSAN and vSphere features is purchased separately.
- Partner must own overall support of the certified and listed partner product
- Maintain one VMware Certified Professional status for technical support within each region where the qualified product is sold and channel that support through vSAN knowledgeable support staff
- Provide cooperative support for the qualifying products through TSANet
- Ensure qualifying products successfully pass any testing requirements and submit a KB article
- Develop and maintain availability of a KB article, installation, configuration and troubleshooting guide or other similar documentation
- Partner must submit a partner questionnaire during onboarding process
Product Versions Supported
This program supports the following product versions:
The program is open to all product vendors who have the following:
File Services products that work with vSAN.
Data Protection products that work with vSAN.
Partner Roles and Responsibilities
Partners who participate in the program provide the following team members:
A partner program manager that acts as the primary point of contact on behalf of their team, and who acts as the lead for planning and issue prioritization with VMware.
A partner technical support contact that manages the support relationship with VMware, owns and serves as a single point of contact for all support-related activities, including escalations and management of the TSANet membership, and ensures overall support readiness and training of the partner's support organization.
Related Programs and Services
VMware Ready Category
VMware Ready for vSAN
Find Out More
For more information on how to participate in this program, contact email@example.com