The VMware Tanzu Partner Application program helps Modern Application Software vendors that fully support their products on VMware Kubernetes solutions qualify for the "Partner Ready - VMwar" logo which visibly demonstrates confidence and simplifies purchase decisions for any customer using a virtualized infrastructure. The VMware PKS Partner Application program is open to all vendors, subject to VMware approval.
Qualified partners will have Program access for free validation of partner software on a VMware Tanzu product environment provided by VMware and be listed on the VMware Marketplace with the Partner Ready logo.
Benefits to partner:
- Partners get access to a VMware Tanzu product environment (latest releases) to validate their Applications
- Partners get support to debug issues with validation process and with the product as well
- Partners get to use the "Partner Ready for VMware Tanzu" logo in their collateral
- Partners get to list their application on the VMware Marketplace
- Partners get GTM benefits from VMware (PR, blog post etc)
Benefits to customer:
- Customers get assurance that Partner Applications have been tested on VMware Tanzu products
- Customers get a support path leading to VMware through the partner
- VMware field can recommend the partner solution in customer engagements having the peace of mind that it was validated on our platform for production workload
The Validation uses VMware's Learning Platform cloud environment. This enables partners to run the tests in a VMware pre-configured and ready-to-use validation test bed in the cloud. The test bed is set up with N-1 versions of products in the VMware Tanzu portfolio and tools that are pre-configured to run the tests. Partners will upload their application to the environment, configure their application and perform tests on their application in the cloud.
Partners submit requests for validation via a private development project on Developer Center Partner Network (DCPN), a web-based, secure collaboration tool used by the VMware Ecosystem Services team.
Listing and Logo
Upon successful validation, the partner is eligible to update the VMware Marketplace. The partner's application software will receive the "Partner Ready - VMware Tanzu" logo in their listing. The logo can be used in other partner collateral. Partner is required to submit the required collateral to be listed in the VMware Solutions Exchange Marketplace.
- Maintain membership in the VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program.
- Submit explicit support statement for the application.
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal.
- Demonstrate successful operation by passing the tests prescribed by and submitting the results to VMware.
- Publish product on the VMware Solution Exchange.
Product Versions Supported
This program supports the following product versions:
N-1 verions of products in the VMware Tanzu portfolio. For the latest available versions, please enroll in the program.
To get started and express interest in enrolling in the VMware Tanzu Partner Application Program, please fill-in the online Partner Onboarding Form. Select "VMware Tanzu Partner Application Program" in the Program Name field.
Partner Ready Status
Partner Ready Category
Partner Ready Page