VMware Workbench, Development Kits, and Certification Kits Lifecycle Policy
This policy covers VMware Workbench, Development Kits, and Certification Kits associated with these vSphere server side products:
- VMware ESX
- VMware ESXi
- VMware Service Manager (formerly EMC Ionix Service Manager and InfraEnterprise)
- VMware vCenter Server and VMware Update Manager
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.x and up
[Not all products have associated Development Kits or Certification Kits]
This policy covers three component types:
- VMware Workbench (specifically Workbench VM)
- Development Kits associated with product APIs and released through Workbench
- Certification Kits associated with products or product features and released through Workbench
Development Kits and Certification Kits are versioned and each version is associated with specific vSphere product versions. A Workbench version may support more than one version of a Development Kit or Certification Kit.
Development Kits and Certification Kits support is dependent on the underlying vSphere product support. This support policy can be found at:
All Development Kit and Certification Kit fixes are handled as an exception on a case-by-case basis. There are no scheduled update releases.
- Each Development Kit version is associated with a major or minor version of vSphere. Development Kits will be available and supported for the extent of the General Support Phase of their corresponding vSphere version.
- Certification Kits should only be used with the version of vSphere they were released with. Certification Kits will be available and certification submissions will be accepted for the extent of the General Support Phase of their corresponding vSphere version.
- Workbench VM is supported for release N and N-1. Older Development Kits and Certification Kits will be forward ported to run on later versions of Workbench if needed. However, for Certification Kits older than N-1, VMware may require that a partner use a specific version of Workbench VM and associated Certification Kits.
Networking and Security
This policy covers VMware Workbench, Development Kits, and Certification Kits associated with these networking and security products:
- VMware vCloud Networking and Security
- VMware NSX
- Endpoint Security (EPSec) SDK
- Network Extensibility (NetX) SDK
- NSX SDK
- EPSec Certification
- NetX Certification
- NSX Certification
Development Kits and Certification Kits will be supported for the extent of General Support Phase of their corresponding networking and security product version. This support policy can be found at: https://www.vmware.com/support/policies/lifecycle.html