VMware Cloud on AWS API
VMware Cloud on AWS Developer Center
VMware Cloud on AWS provides multiple automation and development interfaces that help you learn, automate, integrate and develop the features available to you. These tools automate manual tasks, help you manage complex environments at scale, and provide samples and language bindings in common development languages so developers can be up and running within around 5 minutes.
Browse Our APIs
VMware Cloud on AWS provides you an easy to use API explorer that enables you to browse the API structure, try out the API calls live and learn how to develop against common features within the service.
- To automate features available to all VMware services use the VMware Cloud Services API
- To automate features of VMware Cloud on AWS use the VMC API
- To automate features of your deployed SDDC, visit the vSphere API explorer from the SDDC's Connection Info tab.
For more information on getting started with the VMware Cloud on AWS APIs, visit our overview blog article here.
Related Sample Code
- AWS Integrations - Send SDDC Inventory Data to Slack ChannelUse AWS Lambda and Slack integrations to send inventory updates of your SDDC to a slack channel.VMware Cloud on AWS API Other Platform Python
- L2 VPN vMotion On Prem To VMCThis script will allow you to easily move one or more virtual machines from on-premises to VMware Cloud on AWS if you have the required networking configured (Layer 2 VPN & Direct Connect at this time ...VMware Cloud on AWS API VMware PowerCLI PowerShell
- Organization OperationsPython sample for working with VMware Cloud on AWS Organizations. Install vSphere Automation Python SDK to run the sample: https://github.com/vmware/vsphere-automation-sdk-pythonVMware Cloud on AWS API vSphere Automation SDK for Python Python
- AWS Integrations - Serverless Self-Service VM DeploymentUse S3, Lambda, Cognito, and VMware APIs to create a static S3 website to deploy VMs from Content LibraryVMware Cloud on AWS API vSphere Automation SDK for Python Python
- Deploy OVF TemplateDemonstrates the workflow to deploy an OVF library item to a resource pool in VMware Cloud on AWS. Install vSphere Automation Python SDK to run the sample: https://github.com/vmware/vsphere-automation ...VMware Cloud on AWS API VMware Cloud on AWS vSphere Automation SDK for Python Python
- VMware Cloud on AWS Terraform Example use casesUse Terraform to provision VM's to VMware Cloud on AWS. See full guide here http://www.vmtocloud.com/how-to-use-terraform-with-vmware-cloud-on-aws/vSphere Automation SDK for REST VMware Cloud on AWS API Other Language
- Connect To vSphere With Default Sddc PasswordA python sample that demonstrates how to connect to a vSphere in a SDDC using the initial cloud admin credentials. Install vSphere Automation Python SDK to run the sample: https://github.com/vmware/vs ...VMware Cloud on AWS API VMware Cloud on AWS Python
- REST - GET SDDC vCenter URLThis example will print the vCenter URL for a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC. This value could be used to build advanced calls that will chain from the VMware Cloud Services API all the way into the vCenter ...VMware Cloud on AWS API Other Platform Python
- REST - GET VMC SDDC Firewall RulesThis script returns the firewall rule name and index number for all firewall rules in a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC. You can continue to parse the "fwedge.json()['firewallRules']['firewallRules']" JSON r ...VMware Cloud on AWS API Other Platform Python
- Configure Hybrid Linked Mode between Onprem VC and VMware cloud on AWS using REST API... # Author: Vikas Shitole # Website: www.vThinkBeyondVM.com # Product: VMware Cloud on AWS # Description: Python script to configure Hybrid Linked Mode (HLM) between Onprem and VMC VC ...VMware Cloud on AWS vSphere Automation SDK for REST PythonDownload
Updated 10 months