vRealize Automation Event Broker Service API
Event Broker API Specification
What is the Event Broker REST API?
The event broker REST API provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. The event broker includes the EventLog service, which provides a centralized location for events and a consistent way of recording events and querying for events in the vRA suite.
Typical Use Cases
The event broker service is used as follows:
Service providers register and manage event topics, event producers' ability to publish events, and event consumers' permissions to subscribe to events.
System administrators, or solution users register, update, or delete subscriptions to specified event topics.
Event consumers register to retrieve events that have given event topics.
Event producers publish events to the event broker service, and after receiving an event, the event broker service notifies event consumers that are subscribed to the event.
Describes a set of events that have the same logical intent and the same structure. Every event is an instance of an event topic.
Indicates a change in the state in the producer or any of the entities managed by it. The event is the entity that records information about the event occurrence.
Transports information about the event between the various services and components. For example, from the producer to the event broker service, or from the event broker service to the subscribers.
Event Broker Service
The service that dispatches messages that are published by a producer to the subscribed consumers.
The event data.
Indicates that a subscriber is interested in being notified about an event by subscribing to an event topic and defining the criteria that triggers the notification.
Consumes the events published to the event broker service based on the subscription definition. The subscriber might also be referred to as the consumer.
Registers event topics in the event broker service.
Publishes events to the event broker service.
How the Event Broker Service Works
The event broker workflow works as follows:
Service providers register and manage event topic producers and consumers.
Solution users and system administrators manage subscriptions to event types by registering, updating or deleting subscriptions.
Event consumers register to retrieve event types.
Event topic producers publish events to the event broker service.
The event broker service notifies subscribed event consumers when events having an event type that they have subscribed to occur.
For more detailed information on using the event broker API, refer to:
The Workflow Subscriptions and Event Broker Terminology topic in the VMWare vRealize Automation Information Center documentation.
The vRA Programming Guide.
Related Sample Code
- vRealize Automation - Event BrokervRealize Automation - Event Broker The event broker provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. Available Use Case Get event topics Registers or updates an Even ...vRealize Automation api_vra_event_broker POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 9 months
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 6 months
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 1 year
Updated 2 years
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShell
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 9 months
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Windows using Powershell 3 and upA basic example to install the chef-client via the install.ps1 from Chef Software. This should be noted that this requires Powershell and should work on any version of Windows with Powershell 3+. You ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- Kubernetes as a Service BlueprintThis blueprint currently requires RHEL/CENTOS 7 Atomic. I do plan to port this to Photon OS as soon as it is GA. Live demo of this solution here > https://youtu.be/X8QfAQmcVjA Full instructions to in ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 2 years
- Add Disk and New SCSI AdapaterSimple vRO package that has the workflows needed to deploy a new disk, to the same datastore as the chosen VM while adding the next available SCSI adapter. See this post for the best usagevRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO PackageDownload
Updated 3 years