vRealize Automation Event Broker Service API 7.3
Event Broker API Specification
What is the Event Broker REST API?
The event broker REST API provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. The event broker includes the EventLog service, which provides a centralized location for events and a consistent way of recording events and querying for events in the vRA suite.
Typical Use Cases
The event broker service is used as follows:
Service providers register and manage event topics, event producers' ability to publish events, and event consumers' permissions to subscribe to events.
System administrators, or solution users register, update, or delete subscriptions to specified event topics.
Event consumers register to retrieve events that have given event topics.
Event producers publish events to the event broker service, and after receiving an event, the event broker service notifies event consumers that are subscribed to the event.
Describes a set of events that have the same logical intent and the same structure. Every event is an instance of an event topic.
Indicates a change in the state in the producer or any of the entities managed by it. The event is the entity that records information about the event occurrence.
Transports information about the event between the various services and components. For example, from the producer to the event broker service, or from the event broker service to the subscribers.
Event Broker Service
The service that dispatches messages that are published by a producer to the subscribed consumers.
The event data.
Indicates that a subscriber is interested in being notified about an event by subscribing to an event topic and defining the criteria that triggers the notification.
Consumes the events published to the event broker service based on the subscription definition. The subscriber might also be referred to as the consumer.
Registers event topics in the event broker service.
Publishes events to the event broker service.
How the Event Broker Service Works
The event broker workflow works as follows:
Service providers register and manage event topic producers and consumers.
Solution users and system administrators manage subscriptions to event types by registering, updating or deleting subscriptions.
Event consumers register to retrieve event types.
Event topic producers publish events to the event broker service.
The event broker service notifies subscribed event consumers when events having an event type that they have subscribed to occur.
For more detailed information on using the event broker API, refer to:
The Workflow Subscriptions and Event Broker Terminology topic in the VMWare vRealize Automation Information Center documentation.
The vRA Programming Guide.
Related Sample Code
- vRealize Automation - Event BrokervRealize Automation - Event Broker The event broker provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. Available Use Case Get event topics Registers or updates an Even ...vRealize Automation api_vra_event_broker POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 6 months
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 1 year
- Submit a catalog item request via vRA API in PowerShellSubmits a catalog item request via the vRA API in PowerShellvRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 4 months
- vRealize Automation - NSX IntegrationvRealize Automation - NSX Integration NSX integration in vRealize Automation can help creating and configuring existing networks, on-demand NAT networks and on-demand routed networks, creating load ba ...vRealize Automation api_vra_network POSTMAN Collection
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 2 months
- vRealize Automation - Composition ServicevRealize Automation - Composition Service The composition service allows vRA services to register application components, which the composition service manages so that they can be used in composite bl ...vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Identity ServicevRealize Automation - Identity Service Identity service manages tenants, business groups (formerly named subtenants), groups (both Single-Sign-On and Custom groups), users and identity stores. It also ...vRealize Automation api_vra_identity POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Content Management ServicevRealize Automation - Content Management Service You can use the content management service REST API to import and export content, such as blueprints, software components, and other artifacts, from vR ...vRealize Automation api_vra_content_management api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Component RegistryvRealize Automation - Component Registry Component Registry manages all services (including out-of-the-box services and services from third party solution providers) and serves as the central view for ...api_vra_component_registry vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - BrandingvRealize Automation - Branding The Branding service enables the user to customize the VRA UI header and footer. The configurable properties include logo image, company name, product name, background c ...api_vra_branding vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Management Service APIvRealize Automation - Management Service API You can use the reclamation service to query the VMs in an installation for non-usage and, if they are not in use, mark them as eligible for reclamation. ...vRealize Automation api_vra_management POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Properties ServicevRealize Automation - Properties Service The property service provides APIs to manage property definitions and property groups. Available Use Cases Manage property definitions Manage property groups ...api_vra_properties vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Approval ServicevRealize Automation - Approval Service The approval service provides features for managing and tracking the human approval tasks associated with a service process/artifact in a provider realm. It also ...api_vra_approval vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - WorkItem ServicevRealize Automation - WorkItem Service The work item service provides a standard way for services to present work items to users. It manages the life-cycle of a work item and passes events back to the ...api_vra_approval api_vra_workitem vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
Updated 1 year
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 1 year
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 2 years