vRealize Automation Extensibility Service API
This document describes how to use the Extensibility Service REST API.
What Is the Extensibility Service?
The Extensibility service enables you to manage extensions, plugins, and wizard states.
Typical Use Cases
You can use the Extensibility REST API to:
Create, retrieve, update, and delete a plugin.
List all the plugins.
Retrieve and delete an extension.
List all the extensions.
List all the extensions for a plugin.
Set or get wizard state for a logged-in user.
A host application is a web application that is being extended with a pluggable UI. The host application discovers plugins, manages plugin life cycle, and serves the UI from the plugin extensions to the extension hosts.
An extension is a component that extends the functionality of another component based on a predefined contract. Extensions are packaged in plugins and contain metadata that describes what component it is to be extended and how it is extended.
An extension host is a component that can be extended with an extension. To become an extension host, a component defines one or more extension points. The host application provides the framework for making the extensions available to an extension host. In many cases, extension hosts are UI widgets, for example, a tabbed view that dynamically adds tabs defined in extensions.
An extension point defines the contract between an extension host and extensions. It has a unique identifier that extensions use to hook into extension hosts. The extension host also defines the properties that should be provided by extensions of a given extension point.
The application has goal based wizards to enable users to complete a number of steps to achieve a goal. Wizard state is a domain object persisting the last step visited by the user. It does not imply that they have completed all preceding steps, nor even the current step.
Related Sample Code
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 1 year
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 8 months
Updated 2 years
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShell
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Windows using Powershell 3 and upA basic example to install the chef-client via the install.ps1 from Chef Software. This should be noted that this requires Powershell and should work on any version of Windows with Powershell 3+. You ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- Kubernetes as a Service BlueprintThis blueprint currently requires RHEL/CENTOS 7 Atomic. I do plan to port this to Photon OS as soon as it is GA. Live demo of this solution here > https://youtu.be/X8QfAQmcVjA Full instructions to in ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 2 years
- Add Disk and New SCSI AdapaterSimple vRO package that has the workflows needed to deploy a new disk, to the same datastore as the chosen VM while adding the next available SCSI adapter. See this post for the best usagevRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO PackageDownload
Updated 4 years
- vRealize Automation - Content Management ServicevRealize Automation - Content Management Service You can use the content management service REST API to import and export content, such as blueprints, software components, and other artifacts, from vR ...vRealize Automation api_vra_content_management api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 11 months