vRealize Automation Licensing Service API
Licensing Service API Specification
This document describes the Licensing Service REST API.
What is the Licensing Service REST API?
The Licensing Service REST API enables users to access the licenses layer of their vRealize Automation appliance. The API comprises three underlying API's - the License API, the Asset API and the DLF API.
The License API contains two endpoints, which you can use to add a valid serial key to activate a new license or retrieve all licenses currently enabled in the system. Licenses enable various features in a vRealize Automation instance.
Dormant License File (DLF)
A dictionary that contains
key=value pairs which describe licensing capabilities.
A DLF that has been activated by a serial key. Licenses provide functionality of various features to vRealize Automation.
A serial key is a hyphenated string of characters that maps to a DLF. By adding a valid serial key to a DLF in the system, you can create a valid license.
How the Licensing Service REST API Works
There are two primary usecases for the Licensing Service REST API, which are adding a serial key to activate a license, and retrieving all the licenses active in the system. For reference on how to invoke the API endpoints, see the reference below.
Adding a Serial Key
To add a serial key, call the POST licensing endpoint (
/api/licenses) and pass the serial key to activate a license in your system.
Retrieving all licenses
To retrieve all the licenses in the system, call the GET licensing endpiont (
Related Sample Code
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 1 year
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 11 months
Updated 2 years
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Windows using Powershell 3 and upA basic example to install the chef-client via the install.ps1 from Chef Software. This should be noted that this requires Powershell and should work on any version of Windows with Powershell 3+. You ...vRealize Automation vRA Blueprint
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShell
- Kubernetes as a Service BlueprintThis blueprint currently requires RHEL/CENTOS 7 Atomic. I do plan to port this to Photon OS as soon as it is GA. Live demo of this solution here > https://youtu.be/X8QfAQmcVjA Full instructions to in ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 3 years
- Add Disk and New SCSI AdapaterSimple vRO package that has the workflows needed to deploy a new disk, to the same datastore as the chosen VM while adding the next available SCSI adapter. See this post for the best usagevRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRO PackageDownload
Updated 4 years
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 1 year