vRealize Automation Software Service API
Software Service API Specification
What Is the Software Service REST API?
The software service:
Triggers the execution lifecycle of software components using the software agent.
Is responsible for registering all software agents for use with the software service.
Manages the creation, modification and deletion of software components.
Typical Use Cases
You can use the software service API to:
Automate adding software components to the system.
Create and trigger software components run by the software agent independently of the blueprint.
The internal API is used to implement the software agent. There are additional prerequisites for implementing a software agent other than the API calls: access to EBS and to the contents of the
Software components lifecycle task scripts are executed by the software agent. This agent is configured using the contents of the
appd.properties file, which is delivered to the VM during provisioning of the VM. The properties required by each script are delivered to the software agent and transformed for use by the script.
An internal type representing a machine before it is created. The included metadata makes it possible for the contents of the
appd.properties file for the software agent to be specified before the machine is created. When the software agent registers with the software service, the node and the machine are associated.
Describes the kinds of scripts the software agent will execute. The complexity of the information allows the software component script to be written without knowing how input properties and computed properties are provided and collected from the script execution environment. The software agent uses this information in order to run the software component script in the proper context.
Specifies the software component scripts for each supported lifecycle task script. It also specifies the properties, or schema, used and computed by the the contained software component lifecycle task scripts.
Software component lifecycle tasks can be collected into groups in order for each lifecycle task script to be run in sequence. For example, a provision request results in a single SoftwareResource for each software component. Each provision request causes the combined INSTALL, CONFIGURE, START lifecycle tasks to be included in a single SoftwareResource.
Describes the software component lifecycle tasks available to a software component for eventual execution by the software agent.
For more detailed information on using the API, refer to the vRA Programming Guide.
Related Sample Code
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 1 month
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 4 months
- vRealize Automation - NSX IntegrationvRealize Automation - NSX Integration NSX integration in vRealize Automation can help creating and configuring existing networks, on-demand NAT networks and on-demand routed networks, creating load ba ...vRealize Automation api_vra_network POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Composition ServicevRealize Automation - Composition Service The composition service allows vRA services to register application components, which the composition service manages so that they can be used in composite bl ...vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Identity ServicevRealize Automation - Identity Service Identity service manages tenants, business groups (formerly named subtenants), groups (both Single-Sign-On and Custom groups), users and identity stores. It also ...vRealize Automation api_vra_identity POSTMAN Collection
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 8 months
- vRealize Automation - Component RegistryvRealize Automation - Component Registry Component Registry manages all services (including out-of-the-box services and services from third party solution providers) and serves as the central view for ...api_vra_component_registry vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Management Service APIvRealize Automation - Management Service API You can use the reclamation service to query the VMs in an installation for non-usage and, if they are not in use, mark them as eligible for reclamation. ...vRealize Automation api_vra_management POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Content Management ServicevRealize Automation - Content Management Service You can use the content management service REST API to import and export content, such as blueprints, software components, and other artifacts, from vR ...vRealize Automation api_vra_content_management api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Event BrokervRealize Automation - Event Broker The event broker provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. Available Use Case Get event topics Registers or updates an Even ...vRealize Automation api_vra_event_broker POSTMAN Collection
- Extend Disk vRealize Automation WorkflowThis VMware Orchestrator workflow package will extend the C drive of a virtual disk in vRealize Automation from a vCenter (vSphere) machine template blueprint. The workflow receives a payload of prope ...vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRealize Automation vRO PackageDownload
Updated 1 year
- vRealize Automation - BrandingvRealize Automation - Branding The Branding service enables the user to customize the VRA UI header and footer. The configurable properties include logo image, company name, product name, background c ...api_vra_branding vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Properties ServicevRealize Automation - Properties Service The property service provides APIs to manage property definitions and property groups. Available Use Cases Manage property definitions Manage property groups ...api_vra_properties vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Approval ServicevRealize Automation - Approval Service The approval service provides features for managing and tracking the human approval tasks associated with a service process/artifact in a provider realm. It also ...api_vra_approval vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - WorkItem ServicevRealize Automation - WorkItem Service The work item service provides a standard way for services to present work items to users. It manages the life-cycle of a work item and passes events back to the ...api_vra_approval api_vra_workitem vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
Updated 1 year
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 1 year
- chef-client example of a bootstrap install on Ubuntu 16.04A basic example to install the chef-client via the install.sh from Chef Software. This should be noted that this only requires wget and bash, so this can work for CentOS, RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, and the ...vRealize Automation vRA BlueprintDownload
Updated 2 years