vRealize Automation IPAM Service API
IPAM Service API Specification
What Is the IPAM Service?
The IP address management (IPAM) service provides tenanted IPAM operations (static IP management) through registered IPAM providers. It allows retrieval of available IP address ranges for a single IPAM provider. Once the address ranges have been imported into vRA, administrators can assign them to network profiles that are used for provisioning of VMs and machines.
Provisioned VMs and machines then obtain their IP addresses, DNS configuration, and gateway information from the IPAM solution provider.
Typical Use Cases
A system administrator, IaaS administrator, or fabric administrator creates a network profile. During profile configuration, the administrator imports IP address ranges into vRA from a registered IPAM service provider.
IPAM Solution Provider
A service provider for which an IPAM endpoint is configured.
External Network Profile
Network profile information identifies the external network properties and specifies settings for an existing network. An external network profile is a requirement of NAT and routed network profiles.
IP Address Range
A range of static IP addresses for use in provisioning a network. An external network profile must have at least one static IP range for use with routed and NAT network profiles.
How the IPAM Service Works
A user or application developer specifies an IPAM endpoint that enables communication with a IPAM solution provider application.
After the endpoint is defined, the external IPAM service is accessible from the vRA user interface and administrators can choose IP address ranges from the external IPAM provider.
The APIs provided by the service allow users to:
- Retrieve the list of available IP ranges for a single IPAM provider
- Allocate a subrange of IPs
- Deallocate a subrange of IPs
For more detailed information on using the the API, refer to the vRA Programming Guide.
Related Sample Code
- vRealize Automation API Samples for PostmanvRealize Automation API Samples for Postman Overview The vRealize Automation REST API provides consumers and administrators access to all services in its service catalog that support the vRealize Auto ...vRealize Automation POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 23 days
- vRealize Automation - Catalog ServicevRealize Automation - Catalog Service The catalog service REST API is designed to be used by the consumers of the service catalog; for example, an end user who wants to request a catalog item would be ...api_vra_catalog vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN CollectionDownload
Updated 23 days
- vRealize Automation - NSX IntegrationvRealize Automation - NSX Integration NSX integration in vRealize Automation can help creating and configuring existing networks, on-demand NAT networks and on-demand routed networks, creating load ba ...vRealize Automation api_vra_network POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Composition ServicevRealize Automation - Composition Service The composition service allows vRA services to register application components, which the composition service manages so that they can be used in composite bl ...vRealize Automation api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Identity ServicevRealize Automation - Identity Service Identity service manages tenants, business groups (formerly named subtenants), groups (both Single-Sign-On and Custom groups), users and identity stores. It also ...vRealize Automation api_vra_identity POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Component RegistryvRealize Automation - Component Registry Component Registry manages all services (including out-of-the-box services and services from third party solution providers) and serves as the central view for ...api_vra_component_registry vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Content Management ServicevRealize Automation - Content Management Service You can use the content management service REST API to import and export content, such as blueprints, software components, and other artifacts, from vR ...vRealize Automation api_vra_content_management api_vra_composition POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Management Service APIvRealize Automation - Management Service API You can use the reclamation service to query the VMs in an installation for non-usage and, if they are not in use, mark them as eligible for reclamation. ...vRealize Automation api_vra_management POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Event BrokervRealize Automation - Event Broker The event broker provides features for managing subscriptions, event topics, events, and messages. Available Use Case Get event topics Registers or updates an Even ...vRealize Automation api_vra_event_broker POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - BrandingvRealize Automation - Branding The Branding service enables the user to customize the VRA UI header and footer. The configurable properties include logo image, company name, product name, background c ...api_vra_branding vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Properties ServicevRealize Automation - Properties Service The property service provides APIs to manage property definitions and property groups. Available Use Cases Manage property definitions Manage property groups ...api_vra_properties vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - Approval ServicevRealize Automation - Approval Service The approval service provides features for managing and tracking the human approval tasks associated with a service process/artifact in a provider realm. It also ...api_vra_approval vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- vRealize Automation - WorkItem ServicevRealize Automation - WorkItem Service The work item service provides a standard way for services to present work items to users. It manages the life-cycle of a work item and passes events back to the ...api_vra_approval api_vra_workitem vRealize Automation POSTMAN Collection
- Submit a catalog item request via vRA API in PowerShellSubmits a catalog item request via the vRA API in PowerShellvRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 6 months
- VMware vRealize Automation PluginJenkins vRealize Automation Plugin The vRealize Automation Jenkins plugin enables Jenkins to provision vRealize Automation 7 Blueprints. Requirements Jenkins 1.58+ Java 8 to compile plugin or Java 7 ...vRealize Automation JavaDownload
Updated 4 months
- Get Entitlements of BusinessGroup - vRealize AutomationGet Entitlements of BusinessGroup - vRealize Automation (vRA)vRealize Orchestrator Plug-in SDK vRealize Automation vRO WorkflowDownload
Updated 1 year
Updated 1 year
- vRA 7 and above prepare_vra_template.ps1Powershell script designed to deploy the needed agents on your windows template. This mimics the prepare_vra_template.sh file for linux and will deploy java, bootstrap and gugent agents from the vRA a ...vRealize Automation PowerShellDownload
Updated 1 year